Get Your Pre-Pregnancy Body Back With A Mommy Makeover
December 20, 2019 | 4 minute read
Oh, the joys of motherhood! Pregnancy and motherhood can be an amazing time in a woman’s life, but when the pregnancy is over, and the bottles are put away, many Houston moms find that they are more than a little disappointed in their post-pregnancy bodies. The telltale signs of motherhood – stretch marks, loose abdominal skin, sagging or drooping breasts, and pockets of fat where it never was before and where it seems determined to stay. All of these new physical characteristics can leave a woman feeling like she’s lost herself. But don’t worry – there’s still hope. Dr. Yarish of Town and Country Plastic Surgeons can perform a popular plastic surgery procedure called a mommy makeover, and restore your shape back to its youthful, perky appearance.
The Mommy Makeover
A mommy makeover is an increasingly popular combination of plastic surgery procedures that are performed at the same time. This surgery focuses on areas of a woman’s body that have been affected by pregnancy and childbirth, and usually includes a combination of any of the following:
• A breast augmentation – This procedure restores lost breast volume and gives women in the Houston area the size breasts they’ve always wanted.
• A tummy tuck – During this procedure, Dr. Yarish is able to remove excess skin in the abdominal area, and also repair separated abdominal muscles that many women experience after pregnancy.
• A breast lift – This procedure corrects sagging or drooping breasts and restores them to their former perkier position on a woman’s chest.
• A breast reduction – Some Houston women who had overly large breasts before pregnancy find that their breasts are even larger after pregnancy and they cause daily pain. Dr. Yarish can perform a breast reduction during a mommy makeover to alleviate that pain.
• Liposuction – In just one session, Dr. Yarish can remove up to 4 pounds of stubborn fatty deposits in those hard to target areas. (Please note, liposuction is not considered a weight loss procedure, and you should be at or near your ideal goal weight before having this procedure performed.)
But Why Is It Necessary To Combine The Procedures?
The great thing about a mommy makeover with Dr. Yarish is that he is able to correct many problem areas at once, which means his patients save money and time. His Houston patients are able to save money on surgical fees, operating room fees, anesthesia fees, and more. And if you were to have each of these procedures performed at different times, you would have months of recovery time after each surgery. With a mommy makeover, your recovery time is streamlined, and you are able to enjoy a new post-pregnancy body faster! And if you’re worried about the added time it takes to perform more than one procedure, don’t be. There is nothing dangerous about combining surgical procedures into one surgery, providing the patient is healthy and cleared for surgery.
What Do I Have To Do To Be Considered For A Mommy Makeover?
Because Dr. Yarish is concerned with your overall health and wellbeing, it is important that each of his Houston patients meet the following criteria to be considered a candidate for a mommy makeover:
• Be done having children, as future pregnancies can negate your mommy makeover results.
• Be in good overall health and be cleared for surgery by your general practitioner.
• Express to Dr. Yarish that you understand how the procedure will be performed and that you have clear and realistic expectations for your final results.
• Be in good mental health.
• Be a non-smoker, as smoking can negatively affect your surgery, as well as your recovery time.
• Be at, or near your ideal weight, as liposuction and a tummy tuck are not considered weight loss procedures.
Schedule Your Initial Consultation With Town and Country Plastic Surgeons Today
If your post-pregnancy body has got you feeling defeated, and you just want to get back to the body you remember, Dr. Yarish can help. A mommy makeover is the perfect solution to take care of all the problem areas you’re dealing with. During your initial consultation, you will be able to express your concerns to him and explain what you want to get out of your mommy makeover.
As a double board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Yarish is sure to put together the perfect treatment plan just for you. Call his Houston office today at (281) 326-9239 to schedule your initial consultation!