Tummy Tuck in Houston, TX
Maintaining a trim and toned midsection is far from easy, particularly after you’ve had children or lost significant weight. Tummy tuck surgery effectively restores a shapely and defined midsection you will be proud to show off.
Town and Country Plastic Surgeons and Medspa offer a variety of plastic surgery options, including tummy tucks, in Houston, Texas. This body sculpting technique is most beneficial for individuals who have lost significant weight or completed pregnancy.
Our board-certified plastic surgeons, Dr. R. Scott Yarish and Dr. Erica Bartlett, are committed to providing personalized care by tailoring all their surgical treatment plans to help their patients achieve their aesthetic goals.
Am I a Candidate for a Tummy Tuck?
Tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty) is a popular procedure among adults with excess skin and separated muscles in the lower abdomen, often with some residual pockets of fat.
During your consultation, our board-certified plastic surgeons will listen to your concerns and take the time to understand your goals.
After reviewing your medical history and examining your abdomen, they will determine your candidacy and explain which procedure option is best for you. If approved for a tummy tuck, your surgeon will create a customized plan for you.
A tummy tuck may be right for you if:
- You are in good overall health
- You don’t smoke or use nicotine products
- You’re at or near your optimal weight
- You do not anticipate any future pregnancies
- You can comply will all our surgeons’ instructions
To be considered for a tummy tuck, you should have realistic expectations of your potential results. You must also be cleared by your primary physician before undergoing a tummy tuck procedure.
If you want to learn more about tummy tuck surgery in Houston, call us at (281) 645-0355 and schedule a consultation.
What Are My Houston Tummy Tuck Options?
Town and Country Plastic Surgeons offer multiple tummy tuck variations which can match your individual needs and deliver the best outcome:
Mini Tummy Tuck
Our partial or mini tummy tuck is usually performed for men and women with excess skin and fat isolated below the belly button. This procedure aims to restore firmness to your lower abdomen with less invasive techniques.
Since a mini tummy tuck procedure targets a narrow portion of the skin on the lower abdomen, it may not remove all your stretch marks. Unlike many other Houston area mini tummy tuck procedures, our surgeons go the extra mile to contour the abdomen and surrounding areas for the best results.
One of the largest benefits of the mini tummy tuck is that it is less extensive, so patients recover quickly and can resume their normal lives within a shorter period.
Complete Tummy Tuck
Our full tummy tuck addresses the abdominal region between the ribs and the pubic area, removing significantly more skin than a mini tummy tuck. It is ideal for those who have lost significant weight and have excess tissue above and below the belly button.
The traditional tummy tuck procedure is also a top choice for women whose abdominal skin or muscles have separated after multiple pregnancies. A full tummy tuck repairs and tightens loose or stretched abdominal muscles for smoother, more defined contours.
Extended Tummy Tuck
An extended tummy tuck is similar to a full tummy tuck but addresses larger amounts of excess skin around the belly and waist.
With the extended tummy tuck, the flanks can be better contoured for a more pleasing physique.
Fleur de lis Tummy Tuck
A Fleur De Lis tummy tuck is best for patients with extensive excess skin across the abdomen, around the waist, and vertically above the naval due to weight loss after bariatric surgery.
Reverse Tummy Tuck
A reverse tummy tuck may be indicated for individuals with excess skin and soft tissue localized above the belly button. This technique is not common but may benefit those with isolated upper abdomen skin after weight loss or residual laxity after a tummy tuck.
360 Body Lift
Our 360 body lift combines a tummy tuck and a posterior body lift. This combination procedure involves removing excess skin that extends around the midsection. The 360 body lift is the ultimate contouring procedure and can smooth abdominal contours, narrow the waist, and lift the buttocks.
What Techniques Will Be Used for My Tummy Tuck?
Depending on the type of tummy tuck, the following techniques may be used during your surgery:
Full Tummy Tuck
A full tummy tuck involves an incision along the bikini line, from hip bone to hip bone, allowing your surgeon access to the abdominal muscles and residual fat. After removing any excess fatty tissue, loose core muscles are tightened, and excess skin is removed. Many stretch marks in the lower abdomen are eliminated, and the belly button is reconstructed to a new aesthetic appearance and new position. Recreating a beautiful belly button is a specialty of Town and Country Plastic Surgeons and Medspa.
Mini Tummy Tuck
A mini tummy tuck focuses only on the area below the navel, with limited muscle tightening and often a shorter incision.
Extended Tummy Tuck
An extended tummy tuck requires a longer incision to access a larger treatment area. This incision extends past the hip bones.
Fleur De Lis Tummy Tuck
The Fleur De Lis tummy tuck is similar to other tummy tuck options, however, it involves a vertical and horizontal scar to better address the upper and lower abdominal areas and waist.
Reverse Tummy Tuck
Because the reverse tummy tuck targets your upper abdomen, an incision under the breast folds is needed to tighten and remove excess upper abdomen tissue. This technique is often used after a complete tummy tuck to smooth upper abdomen contours not addressed during an initial abdominoplasty or isolated skin laxity.
360 Body Lift
The 360 body lift requires an incision around your midsection, resulting in a circumferential scar. However, our skilled surgeons carefully place the incision where it can be easily concealed within undergarments.
How Is a Tummy Tuck Performed?
Tummy tuck procedures are performed after general anesthesia is administered, usually on an outpatient basis. You will remain under the watchful eye of our qualified and licensed anesthesiologist during your surgery.
Liposuction may be used before incisions are made and later in the procedure to enhance abdominal definition and flank contour. Once the incision is made, a limited amount of unwanted skin and fat can be surgically removed before the core muscles are tightened. Lastly, your new belly button is recreated in an aesthetically pleasing location.
Incisions are methodically closed to encourage proper healing and minimize scarring. Incision sites are then treated with our proprietary scar cream.
Our Upscale Surgery Center
Your procedure will be performed in our state-of-the-art facility, where you will receive high-quality care and plenty of time in our recovery area before a friend or family member drives you home.
While typically performed as an outpatient procedure, an overnight stay in one of our comfortable and relaxing recovery rooms may be recommended for some tummy tuck patients.
Our many customizable tummy tuck options and commitment to your care make our tummy tucks among the best in Houston.
Add Breast Enhancement to a Tummy Tuck for a Mommy Makeover
If you are considering a tummy tuck to restore a more youthful, feminine figure, this is often the perfect time to consider adding one of the following procedures for a complete Mommy Makeover.
What Is the Recovery From a Tummy Tuck Like?
Dr. Yarish or Dr. Bartlett will explain what to expect after a tummy tuck regarding recovery time and aftercare.
The recovery period for a tummy tuck typically lasts about six weeks. Most patients can drive within two weeks and return to physically non-demanding jobs in a week or two.
Avoid strenuous labor and exercise for six weeks or until cleared by Dr. Yarish or Dr. Bartlett.
Recovery and downtime after a tummy tuck varies considerably among patients and depends on the type and extent of your procedure. Following these tips can improve your recovery experience:
- Have help for at least the first 24 to 48 hours after your surgery.
- Prepare meals before your surgery to have healthy, high protein, reheatable meals available.
- Purchase an extra-long charging cord for your phone.
- Make your recovery area as comfortable as possible and ensure that everything you need is within reach without leaning or stretching.
You will be seen the day after surgery and at regular intervals to remove drains and evaluate your progress. To avoid the consequences of driving too soon, arrange for someone to drive you to and from your office visits.
To best maintain your results, our Houston plastic surgeons recommend the following:
- Follow your surgeon’s instructions closely during the healing process.
- Take several short and gentle walks every day.
- Avoid taking baths for at least four weeks after the surgery; showers may be resumed the next day. It is helpful to purchase a shower seat for safety while showering during the early postoperative period.
- Keep your hips flexed and avoid straightening your torso for the first week to prevent excessive strain on your incision.
- After the incision has fully healed, treat scars with silicone sheets, creams, or gels for up to a year and massage the area regularly to encourage fading.
- Protect your scar and avoid exposure to sunlight for at least one year.
What Results Can I Expect From a Tummy Tuck?
Our surgeons are committed to helping our tummy tuck patients achieve their desired results. You can expect a flatter belly, slimmer waist, and more appealing abdominal contours.
Check out our previous results with before and after photos to fully understand the Town and Country difference.
You should see noticeable changes as soon as your swelling and bruising subside. However, it often takes three to six months to appreciate the most significant results.
How Much Does a Tummy Tuck Cost in Houston, TX?
The cost of the surgery depends on the following factors:
- Type of tummy tuck – The extent of surgery is determined by the amount of excess skin and fat in your abdominal area. Depending on your specific needs, you may require a full tummy tuck or an extended tummy tuck.
- The surgeon’s expertise – A highly qualified and trained surgeon with years of experience in tummy tuck surgery will demand a higher fee than one who doesn’t have a good reputation. Patients are usually willing to pay more for a surgeon who they can trust to achieve the desired results.
- Diagnostic and lab tests fees – Before the operation, your surgeon may ask you to undergo certain tests, including an EKG, blood tests, and a pregnancy test. You should consider the cost of these tests to get a realistic idea of a tummy tuck’s total cost.
- Operating room and anesthesia expenses – A tummy tuck is done under general anesthesia. Hence, you should consider the anesthesia team’s fee as well.
- Post-op costs – After your tummy tuck, most post-op costs are covered by your surgeon, including early compression garments, scar gel, and supplies.
You will receive an individualized quote for your tummy tuck after your consultation. However, there are some additional costs that you should be aware of and plan for upfront.
- Lymphatic massage can improve your tummy tuck recovery experience immensely. We have referrals for qualified, licensed lymphatic massage therapists to ensure you are in the best hands.
Choosing a Plastic Surgeon for Your Tummy Tuck in Houston, TX
Town and Country Plastic Surgeons provide the highest quality care before, during, and after your tummy tuck surgery.
We cater to out-of-town plastic surgery patients and have patients from all over the world.
You can depend on our team for help coordinating travel and accommodation arrangements because we want to make your visit to Houston for tummy tuck surgery as stress-free and enjoyable as possible.
Whether you’re “in town or across the country,” call Town and Country Plastic Surgeons at (281) 306-4734 to learn more about your tummy tuck options in Houston, Texas.
Who is not an ideal candidate for abdominoplasty?
The following people are not good tummy tuck candidates due to problems with their overall wellness or lifestyle choices that could negatively impact their health and results.
- Anyone with a serious physical or mental illness that is not well-controlled should optimize their treatment and stabilize their condition before considering plastic surgery.
- Anyone who wants to lose more than 10 pounds to reach their ideal weight.
- Women who are planning any future pregnancies.
Because your well-being is our top priority, ensuring that you are healthy enough for cosmetic surgery is essential to us.
What if I gain weight or become pregnant after a tummy tuck?
Significant weight fluctuations and pregnancy will impact your abdominoplasty results. Maintaining a healthy and stable weight will help you avoid the health issues associated with obesity and loose sagging skin after considerable weight loss.
If you are a woman surprised by an unplanned pregnancy, you can also expect your results to be affected.