Cellulite forms on the body in places such as the thighs, stomach, knees, arms, and buttocks. Age has an effect on its formation, as the production of collagen and elastin decreases in our bodies as we get older.
Service Only Available at Houston Location
Request A Consultation
Cellulite is caused by tethering bands of fibrous tissue underneath the skin which causes the bulging of fat. Some people are genetically more predisposed to it than others. The amount of cellulite a person has is dependent on genes, body fat percentage, and age. Skin thickness also affects the appearance of cellulite.
Generally, the distribution of fat in women is more visible than in men. The collagen fibers between the skin and muscle separate the underlying fat into multiple pockets. Cellulite can become more visible with age as skin thins and loses elasticity, which exposes the rippled connective tissues underneath.
Fortunately, for Houston and Lake Jackson patients who want areas of their body to once again have a youthful appearance, our plastic surgeons and experienced medical team offer a laser treatment called Cellulaze.
Our Cellulaze treatments are a great option for patients who want to reduce the appearance of cellulite. We offer consultations to patients who may choose to consider an effective alternative to a persistent problem. Call us to schedule a consultation.
Before & After Cellulaze
Patient: Cellulaze, Liposuction (Post-op/ 3 Months)
About Cellulaze, Houston
Cellulaze is a revolutionary laser treatment that restores a natural and younger-looking appearance by eliminating the dimples and bulges that contribute to cellulite on men and women. Areas of the skin that resemble the lumps and bumps on an orange peel can have a smoother, healthier, and even appearance after Cellulaze treatment.
Laser treatment beneath the skin melts the fat located in the treatment area. To eliminate the chamber or pockets formed by fibrous strands, the treatment also focuses on releasing the fibrous bands, inducing a tightening of the skin.
Roughly 90% of men and women experience cellulite; while there is no perfect procedure available to correct this cosmetic imperfection, Cellulaze offers a safe and effective way to address cellulite.
Reasons to Consider Cellulaze, Houston, TX
Age and the diminishing production of collagen may contribute to the development of cellulite, but it can occur in young people as well. The advantages that Cellulaze offers over traditional treatments include:
- Some cellulite areas only require a single treatment.
- Cellulaze alters the underlying structure of tissue to stimulate collagen production, meaning results last for as long as a year.
- The procedure is FDA-approved.
- Cellulaze treatment can improve self-esteem
What to Expect During Your Procedure
Houston and Lake Jackson patients typically receive general anesthesia during the procedure. Throughout this cellulite reduction treatment, small incisions, the size of the tip of a pen, are placed strategically in the treatment area. A small tube is inserted under the skin that contains a laser. The doctor adjusts the temperature of the laser according to the type of tissue being treated.
The tube is moved back and forth under the skin in three steps to reduce the appearance of cellulite:
- The laser fiber is pointed downwards to liquefy fat cells that are trapped within fibrous strands so that there are fewer fat cells and less bulging in the treatment area.
- The laser energy is directed to the sides to break up fibrous bands that connect the tissue. It frees the fat cells, eliminating the skin’s dimpled appearance.
- The laser fiber is pointed up toward the underside of the dermis to gently stimulate collagen production, which firms and tightens the skin and will continue to do so over time.
This two-hour procedure smoothens fat bumps and plumps up dimples while stimulating collagen production. It can also be combined with liposuction to achieve your goals. During your consultation, our medical team will let you know what to expect and how best you can prepare.
How to Extend Cellulaze Treatment Results
While you can’t alter your genetics, you can control the formation of cellulite through a healthy diet and regular exercise.
- Drink water regularly. Cellulite is increased by toxins in the body, which hydration can reverse. The recommended dose is approximately eight classes per day.
- Try not to smoke. Smoking damages skin cells and collagen bands.
- Exercise to improve circulation and prevent an increase in fat deposits.
- Regular exercise keeps connective tissues supple and loose.
- Avoid tanning beds. Exposing skin to harmful UV rays can leave skin uneven, lumpy, thin, and wrinkled, all of which emphasize cellulite.
Contact our offices in Houston and Lake Jackson for a consultation if you think you can benefit from Cellulaze treatment. We have helped many satisfied clients improve their self-esteem by eliminating unwelcome cellulite. At Town and Country Plastic Surgeons, we take pride in helping you achieve the appearance you desire.