The Do’s and Don’ts When Preparing for a Mommy Makeover
April 22, 2020 | 3 minute read
Scheduling a mommy makeover is a great way to treat yourself after giving birth to your baby. A mommy makeover can help you get back or even improve your pre-baby body by toning and tightening the stomach, reshaping the breasts, and more. If you’ve scheduled this procedure at our Houston office, there are a few things you’ll want to do to prepare. There are also a few things you’ll need to avoid doing. Here’s everything you need to know about preparing for your mommy makeover at Town and Country Plastic Surgeons.
What to Do Before Your Mommy Makeover
To have the best experience possible, follow these tips when preparing for your mommy makeover in Houston:
- Enlist a loved one to drive you home after the procedure. You’ll be too drowsy from anesthesia to do this yourself, and you’ll probably need help around the house for the rest of the day.
- Get all of your prescriptions filled and picked up before the surgery. This ensures you have everything you need and won’t have to run to the pharmacy while you’re recovering.
- Stay hydrated and eat well, as your body needs the proper fuel to ensure an optimal recovery.
- Prepare your recovery area. This means creating a comfortable place to sleep with a lot of pillows.
- Schedule time off from work, as you’ll need at least a couple weeks of resting at home before you can return to your normal routine.
- Arrange for someone to look after the kids and take care of the house for you, as you may not have the energy to take care of rambunctious children running around.
- Go to all pre-procedure appointments so Dr. Yarish and Dr. Bartlett can ensure you are cleared for surgery.
What NOT to Do Before Your Mommy Makeover
Of course, there are some things you should refrain from before your mommy makeover in Houston. These include:
- Drinking alcohol or smoking cigarettes, as this can cause complications and greatly slow down your recovery process.
- Getting pregnant, as you’ll want to be done having children before having a mommy makeover. Carrying another child will just undo all of your great results.
- Getting sunburned, as this will put a lot of extra stress on your body and also make your recovery far more painful.
- Getting sick, as coming down with a cold or the flu might mean Dr. Yarish and Dr. Bartlett will delay your procedure.
- Eating junk food, as your body needs as many nutrients as possible for a swift recovery.
Following these tips will ensure your procedure goes smoothly and gives you the results you’re looking for.
Schedule Your Mommy Makeover in Houston Today
Now that you know a little bit more about how to prepare for a mommy makeover, it’s time to schedule your procedure. Contact our Houston office today by calling (281) 326-9239. We can set up your initial consultation so Dr. Yarish and Dr. Bartlett can answer all your questions about mommy makeovers.